As our nation moves towards the post-pandemic return to ‘normal life,’ many of us plan to get back to the regular life we used to live before the pandemic hit our nation. The pandemic has changed us in some form or another, whether personally or professionally.
Leaving personal life, when we talk about professional life, the significant change we have had is to start working from home (WFH). Although it was not a new working model for many people, it was hard for organizations to allow employees to start staying at home and work.
In the beginning, several companies continued operating from the office, asking important teams specific to security & maintenance to reach out at the office. The companies were resistant to change their working model. But, as time went by, the pandemic forced them to change their idea of working from the office. To keep their staff operational and healthy, companies decided to allow their important teams to operate remotely.
Considering the present situation, where a lot of us have started receiving vaccines, and we see a post-pandemic return, there are chances that companies might start operating from the office. On the other hand, we know that many companies have declared WFH as their working model until the end of 2021. The question that arises here is, what is the future of WFH, and is it here to stay forever?
Is the WFH model here to stay forever?
There are many benefits of adopting & keeping the WFH model active.
- Employees have got a better personal & professional life balance.
- They are away from worldly pollution.
- They don’t have to wait for hours in traffic.
And so on.
We feel that if taken positively on the organization’s side and productive output on the employee’s side, this work model stays for long.
In order to make our work-life easy, working from home, several technologies have helped us throughout the pandemic. A blend of technology & management has led to profitable growth and business continuity even during the pandemic. Here are some of the set of technologies that made our work easy.
Technologies helping work-life balance during the pandemic
- The employees of the organizations have to attend many meetings during the day. Several technologies, like zoom, were used during the pandemic to participate in these meetings virtually.
- The second most crucial aspect of our work-life was to share important information across our team to keep every member updated with the latest information. Online file transfer apps like DigiBoxx played a vital role in sending files online, storing files, and keeping track of each update.
- Last but not least, to stay connected, tools like slack played a significant role.
Several other tools exist to share files online, stay connected, or attend virtual meetings you might have used during the pandemic. Leaving aside the tools you used, the most critical point is that organizations and employees will need to come on equal grounds where both are profitable, even while working from home.